September 5, 2020
Order of Worship 9-6-2020
Call to Worship Psalm 148: 11-13, 14b
Kings of the earth and all peoples, princes and all rulers of the earth! Young men and maidens together, old men and children! Let them praise the name of the LORD, for his name alone is exalted; his majesty is above earth and heaven . . . Praise the LORD!
Hymn of Praise “Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing” #2
Scripture Reading Psalm 127
Confession of Sin and Assurance of Pardon Psalm 86:5
For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call upon you.
Hymn of Assurance “And Can It Be?” (1, 3-4) #203
Confession of Faith Westminster Shorter Catechism #13-15
- 16 Did all mankind fall in Adam’s first transgression?
- The covenant being made with Adam, not only for himself, but for his posterity; all mankind, descending from him by ordinary generation, sinned in him, and fell with him, in his first transgression.
- 17 Into what estate did the fall bring mankind?
- The fall brought mankind into an estate of sin and misery.
- 18 Wherein consists the sinfulness of that estate whereinto man fell?
- The sinfulness of that estate whereinto man fell, consists in the guilt of Adam’s first sin, the want of original righteousness, and the corruption of his whole nature, which is commonly called original sin; together with all actual transgressions which proceed from it.
The Preaching of God’s Word “To Whom Belongs the Kingdom?”
Hymn of Response “I Run to Christ” #57
Benediction Numbers 6:24-26
The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.