September 12, 2020
Order of Worship 9-13-2020
Call to Worship Psalm 125:1-2
Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion, which cannot be moved, but abides forever.
As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the LORD surrounds his people, from this time forth and forevermore.
Hymn of Praise “Immortal, Invisible” #25
Scripture Reading Isaiah 44:6-20
Confession of Sin and Assurance of Pardon 1 Peter 2:24
He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.
Hymn of Assurance “Jesus, Thy Blood and Righteousness” (1-3) #193
Confession of Faith Westminster Shorter Catechism #13-15
- 19 What is the misery of that estate whereinto man fell?
- All mankind by their fall lost communion with God, are under his wrath and curse, and so made liable to all the miseries of this life, to death itself, and to the pains of hell forever.
- 20 Did God leave all mankind to perish in the estate of sin and misery?
- God, having out of his mere good pleasure, from all eternity, elected some to everlasting life, did enter into a covenant of grace to deliver them out of the estate of sin and misery, and to bring them into an estate of salvation by a Redeemer.
- 21 Who is the Redeemer of God’s elect?
- The only Redeemer of Gods’ elect is the Lord Jesus Christ, who, being the eternal Son of God, became man, and so was, and continueth to be, God and man in two distinct natures, and one person, forever.
The Preaching of God’s Word “What Are You Holding On To?”
Hymn of Response “I Need Thee Every Hour” #428
Benediction Jude 24-25
Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.